Sunday 14 June 2009

Day 1 - Granada Tour

Everyone survived Cafe Nuit dancing and we finally made it to breakfast with the group. It´s hot and humid and to top it off we woke up to no running water. Nobody seems to mind though. What a dirty group I brought with me. They rock!
We ran into David, our tour guide , while eating and took a city tour this afternoon. We visited quite a few cathederals and actually were in the tower while they run the bells. I have to say it´s louder than you´d expect but what a cool experience. Most of the tour was on foot but about an hour was in horse and carriage...very romantic. We are all very close now-closer than we want to be considering nobody has showered since arriving.
Everyone opted for dinner before showering and amazingly enough, they didn´t kick us out of the restaurant but we had quite a time figuring out the bill. Our lack of mathematical skill didn´t matter though cause Shannon made origami out of money, Andy blessed us with his gangsta lingo, Jill freaked out when she saw that the fish I was eating had teeth and to top it off, a total stranger, who approached our group cause we were having such a good time, laughed at me when she read my name on my card. Thanks mom and dad. Looks like I´ll need a bit more therapy.

-Carlos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the trip is going well. Say hi to David for me and have fun at the beach!